San Diego County craft breweries gained practically 40 medals on the Brewers Cup of California, a statewide competitors that has been held each different yr since 2019.
Gravity Heights and Kilowatt Brewing each gained a San Diego-best two gold medals. They had been among the many 11 brewers within the county awarded golds.
Kilowatt and Societe Brewing Firm gained a neighborhood excessive of 4 medals total.
The Brewers Cup, held final month in Sacramento, drew 1,306 entries from 191 breweries. There have been 83 classes and a complete of 37 medals had been awarded to breweries inside the county, together with eight silver and 16 bronze.
Native brewers bested their efficiency on the 2021 competitors, practically doubling the 19 medals collected two years in the past.
The checklist of the Gold Medal winners:
- Alesmith Brewing Firm (Miramar) – Nut Brown for “English-Model Brown Ale”
- Black Plague Brewing (Oceanside) – Medusa for “Specialty Stout”
- Burgeon Beer Firm (Carlsbad) – Intelligent Kiwi for “Session Beer”
- Double Peak Brewing Co. (San Marcos) – Creekside Pale Ale for “American-Model Pale Ale”
- Eppig Brewing (Vista) – Sinister Path for “Irish Stouts”
- Gravity Heights (Sorrento Mesa) – Brewers’ Finest for “English Ales” and Take Two Pils for “German-Model Pilsener”
- Kilowatt Brewing (Kearny Mesa, Ocean Seaside and Oceanside) – OB Bubble Dubbel for “Belgian Robust Darks” and S3-2x Peach Cobbler for “Experimental/Specialty Beers”
- Mike Hess Brewing (North Park) – Ez Drankin’ for “Specialty Honey Lager or Ale”
- Pizza Port (Carlsbad Village) – Le Village for “Belgian Robust Pales”
- Rouleur Brewing Firm (Carlsbad) – Domestique Blonde Ale for “Belgian Low Gravity Ales”
- TapRoom Beer Firm (North Park) – PB Haze for “Juicy or Hazy Robust Pale Ale”
The remaining native medal winners:
Silver – Black Plague Brewing, Supernatural, “Experimental IPA;” Burning Beard Brewing, In Reward of Bacchus, “Belgian Sours;” Eppig Brewing, sixth Anniversary Imperial Schwarzbier, “Different Robust Ale or Lager;” Hodad’s Brewing, Surf Punk, “American-style Cream Ale or Lager;”Julian Beer Co., Elevation 5353, “American-style India Pale Lager;” Smoking Cannon Brewery, Juniper Flats, “American Historic/Indigenous Beers,” and Societe Brewing, The Harlot for “Belgian Low Gravity Ales” and The Roustabout for “Imperial or Double India Pale Ale.”
Bronze – AleSmith Brewing, Non-Alcoholic IPA, “Non-Alcoholic Malt Beverage” and Wee Heavy, “Scottish Ales;” Arcana Brewing, Benevolent Dictator, “American Imperial Porters & Stouts;” Burning Beard Brewing, In Reward of Plum, “Belgian-style Fruit Beer;” Eppig Brewing, Pure Bridge: Vienna Lager, “Session Beer;” Kilowatt Brewing, Double Chocolate Macadamia Stout, “Chocolate/Cocoa-flavored Beer” and Wee Heavy, “UK Robust Ales;” Pizza Port Brewing, Junk In Da Trunkel Dunkel, “German Weissbiers” and Paloma Bitter, “Fruit Beer;” Pure Undertaking Brewing, Esoteric Data for “Juicy or Hazy Imperial or Double IPA;” Rouleur Brewing, Puckeur Issue, “Experimental/Specialty Beers;” Smoking Cannon Brewery, Corridor, “Herb & Spice Beer;” Societe Brewing, Gentle Beer for “American Gentle Lagers” and The Coachman for “Session India Pale Ale;” TapRoom Beer Co., Tomorrowland for “Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale,” and Thr3e Punk Ales Brewing, Barley Authorized for “American-style Barley Wine Ale.”
The Brewers Cup of California is introduced by Sacramento Space Brewers Guild in partnership with different brewers guilds within the state. Domestically, San Diego has greater than 150 brewery areas all through the county.